To incorporate the UltraVision functionality into and OEM product two essential printed circuit boards are required, the UP1 and the UP2.
UltraVision has optional boards which support further functionality that the OEM may select from. These are:
a) the UP72 Supervisor printed circuit board, which secures the power on and off timing with a internal PC, supports a battery charger, and a 3/4D Transducer motor driver, supports a High definition screen from USB3.1.
b) the UP55 which interfaces to a TE260 Zero Insertion Force (ZIF) transducer connector.
UP1 Ultrasound Processor Printed Circuit Board Specifications
Board Size: 8.85 x 3.55 x 0.6 inches (16 layers)
Number of Channels: 64 multiplexed to 128
Pulsers: 64 capable of +V,-V, GND or High Impedance
•Programmable Gain Low-Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- 24-, 18-, or 12-dB Gain
- 0.25-, 0.5-, or 1-VPP Linear Input Range
- 0.63-, 0.7-, or 0.9-nV/√Hz Input-Referred Noise
- Programmable Active Termination
• 40-dB, Low-Noise Voltage-Controlled Attenuator (VCAT)
• 24-, or 30-dB Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA)
• 3rd-Order, Linear-Phase, Low-Pass Filter (LPF)
- 10 MHz, 15 MHz, 20 MHz, or 30 MHz
• 14-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- 77-dBFS SNR at 65 MSPS
- LVDS Outputs
Noise and Power Optimizations (Full Chain)
- 158 mW/CH at 0.75 nV/√Hz, 65 MSPS
- 101 mW/CH at 1.1 nV/√Hz, 40 MSPS
• Excellent Device-to-Device Gain Matching
- ±0.5 dB (Typical) and ±0.9 dB (Maximum)
• Low Harmonic Distortion
• Fast and Consistent Overload Recovery
• Xilinx Kintex-7 Series Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- 406,720 Logic Cells
- 28Mb Block Ram
- 1540 DSP Slices
- 2845 GMAC/s DSP Performance
- 32 Transceivers
- 12.5 Gb/s Transcever speed
- 800 Gb/s Serial Bandwidth
- x8 Gen2 PCIe Interface
- 1866 Mc/s Memory Interface
- 500 I/O Pins
- 1.2V-3.3V I/O Voltage
- 256-bit AES encryption with HMAC/SHA-256 authentication
- Dual 12-bit 1 MSPS analog-to-digital converters (ADCs)
- 17 flexible and user-configurable analog inputs
- On-chip temperature and power supply sensors
• 4 GigaByte Sodimm DDR3 memory
• PCIe 4 lane Interface
• 40 pin Power supply interface to UP2 power supply PCB
• 17 on board low dropout linear regulators
• 14-Pin Synchronization interface to connect multiple UP1 boards
• JTAG interface
• Low Jitter Clock Phase Locked Loop to 300 fempto-seconds
• Samtec SEAF-300 interface to transducers.
• The UP1 PCB consumes about 40 watts but is dependent on the
current function being performed by the FPGA which could be as
high as 48 watts.
UP2 Power Supply Printed Circuit Board for UP1 Specifications
Board Size: 9 x 2.5 inches (six layers)
UP2 Inputs 8v to 24 volts and generates the following voltages with
under, over and reverse voltage protection and filtering.
- +3.6 volts @12 amps
- +1.8 volts @ 10 amps
- +6 volts @ 1 amp
- -6 volts @ 0.5 amp
- +2.2 volts @ 5 amps
- +40 volts to 70 volts under control of the Kintex
- -40 volts to 70 volts under control of the Kintex
• Controls 4 12 volt fans under temperature control form the Kintex
• Buffers 2 General Purpose TTL inputs and one TTL output.
• Reports Voltage status on seven LEDS
• Controls a software switch for RUN of all processes
• Supports an ON/OFF switch
UP72 Supervisor Printed Circuit Board
This is a general purpose supervisor board which inputs a user defined voltage with over, under and reverse voltage protection and the supplies that voltage on to an embedded computer, and the UP2 board for supply of power to the UP1.
a) Supports one or two 14.6 volt Lithium Ion batteries for charging and powering the system.
b) Supports a 5-12 volt stepper motor for 3/4D transducers
c) Supports timing of power up and power down from one button on the board.
d) Supports LED indicators that indicate power status at the current time.
e) Supports a USB3.1 to High definition screen display.
f) Supports a Kycon power input connector.
g) Has a Microchip programmable processor for communications between transducers and the PC's USB port.
UltraVision Corporation: 11911 US Highway 1, Suite 204, North Palm Beach, Florida, 33408-2862 Tel: (561) 626-4055 Info@winprobe.com
UltraVision Corporation is an accredited ISO13485:2016 / ISO 9001: 2015 manufacturer of medical ultrasound systems